Bespoke Travel strongly recommend all travellers purchase Travel Insurance at the time of booking their trip.
Here we present for your consideration, an overview of QBE Travel Insurance. You can purchase a QBE Travel Insurance policy via this link and save 20% off the RRP of the policy.
Why QBE Travel Insurance?
Travelling for a holiday should be something you can enjoy with complete peace of mind. You shouldn’t need to worry about things going wrong but unfortunately they can and do for many New Zealanders every year.
Unexpected events can leave you out of pocket financially and in need of emergency assistance, and when you are overseas in unfamiliar surroundings, or the people around you do not speak your language, it can be scary.
With QBE Travel Insurance, you can relax, knowing we are there to manage any emergency situation that arises, handle your expenses, and answer your questions 365 days a year, 24/7, no matter where you are in the world.
Not all travel insurance is created equal so make sure you’ve got the best cover possible with QBE Travel Insurance. We offer cover at premiums to suit all budgets, holidays and family trips, including cancellation cover prior to departure, and while you’re away.
With QBE Travel Insurance, you’ll have:
• unlimited cancellation cover prior to departure
• unlimited medical cover whilst travelling
• 24/7 emergency assistance with QBE Assist
• $100 standard excess, or choose nil excess by
paying a little bit more
• policies available for all ages, to all regions
• a choice of products for comprehensive, budget,
executive, domestic or non NZ residents cover
• a 21 day money back guarantee
How do I get cover with QBE?
QBE Travel Insurance is available through Travel Agents or Brokers. Click here to obtain a quote and issue your own QBE Travel Insurance Policy policy with Bespoke Travel now, and make your next
trip away a memorable one, for all the right reasons.
Worldwide medical & emergency assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
QBE Assist – Not all hospitals are like the ones at home.
Imagine being in hospital where appropriate medical facilities are not available, communication is difficult and your tour goes on, leaving you alone. Or even just simply trying to rearrange your disrupted travel plans. Sometimes you just need help and we have a dedicated team of experts to assist.
Our in-house travellers’ assistance team, QBE Assist, has been providing assistance to travellers in need since 1992. QBE Assist is a team of trained medical and insurance specialists available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whenever and wherever you need them.
In a time of need you couldn’t be in better hands. They take a personal interest, helping with the unexpected and providing the reassurance you want. The QBE Assist team support you with:
• assessing and monitoring your condition after an
accident or illness;
• providing medical repatriation, if required;
• assisting with payment of hospital and medical bills;
• rescheduling disrupted travel plans;
• providing advice and contact details for airlines,
local embassies in the event of lost tickets, passports
or travel documents;
• providing contact details for bank / credit card provider to
assist with arrangements for emergency transfer of funds;
• urgent messages to your family or travel agent.
QBE Travel Insurance key benefits & coverage limits
QBE Insurance is the underwriter, emergency assistance company and claims processing team, so anytime you contact us, you are always dealing directly with QBE and not a third party. This means, in the event of an emergency we can react fast and efficiently to get you the assistance you need as fast as possible, without having to refer to any third parties before making decisions. This is extremely important if you require urgent medical attention.
Some of the key coverage limits* with QBE are:
* Limits based on a QBE Leisure International policy and may
vary for other QBE policy types. All limits quoted in NZD
• unlimited cancellation
• unlimited medical cover
• travel delay costs up to $5,000
• personal liability up to $2.5M
• luggage costs up to $20,000 total
• camera, laptop, smartphone cover up to $2,500 per item
• other luggage items up to $1,500 per item (upgradable to
$10,000 per item)
• replacement passport/travel document costs up to $2,000
• death by injury pay out up to $50,000
• repatriation costs up to $20,000
• unlimited tour cancellation
• missed connection up to $5,000
• rental vehicle excess cover up to $5,000
(upgradable to $8,000)
• loss of income up to $12,000
• unlimited dental expenses due to injury
• kidnapping up to $20,000
• resumption of journey up to $10,000
• up to $10,000 cover for financial default due to the
collapse of suppliers that you have booked with, such as
scheduled airlines, rental car operators, hotels or
For the full Schedule of Benefits & Limits, please refer to the
full QBE Leisure International policy wording, available from
your travel agent.
QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited, ABN 78 003 191 035 – Incorporated in Australia, provides financial services products. This information is general information only and does not constitute financial product advice. This document was prepared exclusively for travel agents and clients of QBE Insurance. This document does not provide full details of every aspect of cover, nor all exclusions or limitations that may apply. For full details please contact QBE Customer Service or Bespoke Travel for a copy of the policy wording. QBE Insurance, PO Box 44, Auckland 1140, www.qbe.co.nz
Effective date: 01 January 2016